Dating online is a big part of our daily social and private lives. The market has developed hundreds of different dating apps for any preference that you might have.
After society became more tolerant to the LGBTQ+ community, dating apps became openly diverse. If back in a day we had Craigslist Personals and Backpage alternatives where the gay community was able to express themselves, nowadays we have the majority of services that offer one-side gender preference.
Yet we all know that visit their site apps that are focused on one thing like gay, lesbians, hookup, or serious relationships tend to work better. Same reason why I went ahead and put together 10 dating apps for women seeking women. Those are focused on lesbians, bisexuals, queer, and transgender women. Some are focused on casual dates, others would better suit those who try to settle down, and there are also more social apps to get connected with like-minded people.
Girls like girls. Good-to-know tips for lesbian dating
There are no ground rules like “have sex only on the third date and not before” or “the one who asks you out has to pay”. It is more of a choice now and you can split the bill on the first date and go have sex right after.
Online dating might seem as easy as never before. Yet, there are a few rules that will help you a lot since you both are behind the screens and not face-to-face.
- Setup your profile. The entire online dating is based on your looks and your catchphrase that will get another person interested in you and highlight you among other users. Take some time and choose high-quality photos with your face and full body. 5 photos are usually enough to get the idea of what kind of person you are.
- Be honest. Not everyone likes drama and playing games with feelings. Make sure you are being straightforward about your preferences and search needs. If you are looking for a friend, a hookup, or a potential partner for serious relationships, you should be open about it. Usually, the best way to do it is to put it in your profile bio.
- Check your messages. I can’t deal with people who take days to answer your messages and I’m not the only one. The purpose of online dating is that you are available to talk throughout the day as most of us are always with our phones. If you are not replying for more than a day that often means that you are not interested.
- Start an interesting conversation. Despite the fact that you are behind your screen, you can still be shy and it might be difficult to make the first move. You can start the conversation with a simple “Hey” or approach with a question. The latter can be based on their profile photos or you can use a cute pickup line.
- Accept rejection. Not everyone will get along together and that is okay. The beauty of online dating: there is way more fish in the ocean than you can think of. Don’t get negative if the person didn’t like you. Just move on. The community has a lot of outside hate towards it, no need to get hatred inside.
- Stay safe. All dating sites can be considered the safest dating sites for women if you are keeping it smart. In order to do so, you should always keep your personal information to yourself. For instance, it can be safer to share your social media page than your home address. And obviously, keep your bank information protected.
- Be yourself. You can’t go wrong with this one. As long as you remain yourself you will be getting exactly what you want. Be open, keep true to your needs.
Best online dating sites for women
Of course, I will be talking about the existing most popular apps for lesbians, bisexual, queer, and transgender women. Some apps are more focused on hookups only, others on serious relationships, and some are mixed.